Thursday, November 12, 2009

chalk painting/ I fell in love again today


“It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child” Picasso



Someone once asked me whilst I was pregnant with Amahli, " How will you have enough love for three kids?" Probably one of the stupidest questions I have ever been asked but it made me think about the fact that I was about to have a second girl. How would I love her the same? How would our bond be different to the bond I have with her big sister? Will it feel different to love another child? And I remembered going through this before having Jared, wondering how I would ever love him as much as I loved Jumeirah. I was kinda shocked at how much love I had for him, right from the first moment I saw him ( this may sound strange but having Ceasareans really screws with your head and maternal instincts took a little longer to kick in completely with Jumeirah).I had struggled quite a bit at the thought of having three when she first showed up in a blue line, but the instant, overwhelming powerful love kicked in as soon as she was born. We have had our moments, her and I, the not sleeping or feeding dramas, but I am really seeing a lovely little personality (feisty, demanding and independent but really shes a beauty) as she discovers herself and makes a place thats hers in our family.

Today.... with Jumeirah at preschool and Jared still not 100% and tucked up on the lounge with "Nemo" and his blankie, I took my littlest babe outside to play. This morning I dug out a bag of clothes I had put away for her and tried on a dress she was given last year ( too big then, it now fits!) and we had a lovely game chasing each other up and down the hill. She was such a delight to be with this morning, only a few lingering traces of the babe thats been so sick this last few weeks. I grabbed the camera and she happily obliged my photo obession and I captured this little one in all her absolute gorgeousness. And I fell in love... again... or more... whichever... both :)












This afternoon, Jumeirah and I got out and made some chalk paint ( we made this ages ago but it was good then and it was good today too!) and painted the fence. I loved how to colours came out on the fence and it was lots of fun. It gave us some lovely time to chat about her day and paint away the worries :) Very therapeutic :)









No comments:

Post a Comment