Monday, August 16, 2010

Resolutions


(from over at Kind over Matter)


Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. ~William James



I went to bed last night at 11pm ( kinda normal time me) only to find I couldnt sleep. For some unknown reason, everything aligned last night and my brain and body connected and flooded my head with resolutions, plans and excitement. Finally at about 4am,I got up and wrote it down and then found the off switch to my now crazy, stir fried brain and fell asleep, only to be woken again at just after 6am with the same problem.

This morning though, while quietly going about my morning stuff, my mind is still fizzing over the things Im hoping to change this week...

This is what I want to do.

Change the world:
......one day, one step, one moment at a time. I am kinda over the perspective of the world at the moment. Its all about " do something for yourself, take time for me, Put me first".... you know what??? Its time I changed that a bit and started to think about how I can put others first and make little differences in the world Im in. The feeling I get when I do something for someone else tingles so much more than when I do something for myself, pretty much 100% of the time. Im totally in love with the blog Kind over Matter and the ideas they have. Ideas like dropping random notes of kindness for a random person to find. Being the change I want to see in the world.
So I printed off some tags to do my own drop somewhere this week.. will keep you posted.... I challenge you to do it too!

Change their world:
to make a difference to each of my littles, to find a way each day to make them feel like they are the most important people in the world. To show them how to make someone else feel that way too by leading through example. To encourage them to find their own ways of doing that.




Change my world:
ok so I am going to devote a little bit more time to me to get rid of this stuff I have battled with so long, to be the healthy, lovely, fit mum I so desire for my gang. I finally bought myself so new joggers ( last onse bought in 1996 when I joined the gym!) I have a great walking buddy and will begin walking tonight. I want to clear the rubbish from the basket as well as clearing the crap from the mind. Im done, its time. And if I end up looking damn hot in the process, well thats a bonus too ;)



Thought I would post it to maybe inspire you to change your world too :) If you can, link up your own blog if you so something similiar... I am going to create a group on Flickr so you can share photos too. I have heard that quite a few of you are actually doing some of the cool stuff I have in here and I would love to see it!!

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. ~Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment