Thursday, September 29, 2011

squeezee painting

Yet another wet school holiday day here... Im having a little bit of a meltdown as Im shooting my first "official" non family wedding on Saturday and the forecast is 90% rain. Oh crap. So today I spent much of the day bargaining with God that it can pour the WHOLE of next week if it can just stay fine from now until saturday at 5pm ;) See how that goes....
Today I got out a special activity for Jumeirah. Just something crafty for her as she spends as much time as I do in the mornings helping me tidy up before we start the day.
So today I got out some black paint and white glue to make a cool picture.
All that had to be done was for her to draw a picture, then I made the mixture with about a quarter full container of white glue with a decent addition of black paint. She then traced the owl picture she drew and let it to dry. Tomorrow we'll be able to watercolour the background :)



She also did some beautiful swirl style art that can also be watercolour painted the same way so Im pretty excited to do that too!
On seeing the fun Jumeirah was having, two other little people wanted to squeeze too. So I got some sauce bottles and filled them with paint.
It began as just squeezee painting, and we very quickly went through a huge amount of paint and doznes of pieces of paper that would NEVER dry.




Jumeirah suggested we make butterfly paintings which was met with a very excited " YEAH!!!!" and so we scooped off some of the paint back into the bottles and did some beautiful black and red butterflies. The results were amazing but what was more photo worthy was the expressions on seeing the result of their squeezing and folding..... :)





One very busy day :)

Stay tuned for the second half of Jumeirahs art :)

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE his face!! He's so excited! Cute project. I can't wait to see the final artwork from Jumeirah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! You should try to add some acrylic paint to white glue. It makes for some fun puffy paint when dried.
    I love the art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah the black is acrylic paint for Jumeirah :) the other two used so much paint it would have never dried :)

    @amanda: how cute is his face :) I took hundreds of this expression :)

    ReplyDelete