Friday, April 30, 2010

colour hunting

Jumeirahs quote of the day:

" God is awesome! If I was God, I would be awesome. I'm not God, but I am pretty awesome".

You, my precious girl, are a whole lotta awesome :)



We went on a colour hunt yesterday!

The colour we picked was Blue. Blue is everywhere in our house. Its one of my favourites :) And so manned with the camera, we set off in search of things of blue.

Jared really enjoyed this and became more and more wild with each discovery of something blue. "MUM MUM QUICK! Its Blue!" I heard being yelled from all over the house and yard. Amahli too got into the giggly yelling of "BOO!" and finding things that were blue.

After school, I sent Jumeirah on her own hunt for blue things. She of course, was more into little things, hidden blues and different shades of blue.



Me? Not content with just one colour, I searched for Rainbows :)





"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." (Dolly Parton)

2 comments:

  1. I can totally see Jumeirah as a discoverer and hunter of smaller things that other people might overlook. Blue and yellow are my favorite colors. My entire house would be those colors if it wouldn't drive my husband nuts. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Kim, she is very much that type of person. She has an incredible eye for detail and often notices things the rest of us brush over :)
    My favourite is purple.When my first car was bought, it had to be purple. 6 weeks later my boyfriend has had enough of asking sales men how much it would cost to spray a white car purple and we finally found a purple car. Her name was Iris :)

    ReplyDelete