Wednesday, June 16, 2010

night picture

Hat Head: pure paradise

Trial Bay Gaol
Crazy Escapees



We didn't go far, and we didn't go for long.. but a short break was EXACTLY what I needed.
Such a lovely couple of days with my gang over the weekend and then away to Trial Bay ( just up the coast). Its such a great spot with lots to do and see ( we went to the Gaol, the beach and the lighthouse as well as hung out in the games room at the caravan park) but also gave me time to just STOP. Something I don't do often enough, then wonder why I get tired and burnt out!

Hubbin is off this week on a break himself so we probably wont be doing as much crafty stuff, opting to chill out at the beach or park. But I do have a few things to show that we have been doing lately...
I had cut out some shapes for Jared to trace with the plan to make a "city" picture. I wanted to continue with talking about opposites and wanted to show him "day" and "night" and talk about it. I made windows and buildings and got it all set up for him. He, unfortunately, was totally not keen but Jumeirah was and so she sat and began to trace some shapes. Half way through the first rectangle building she tells me "I could do this better without the tracing bit!" and so she just drew her city.




I told her that we were going to turn her city from day to night and she was curious as to how that would work. She drew her city with pastels and had a great time.
We talked about the differences between day and night: the lights, the sounds, and she added, " The tooth fairy comes only at night!" And so I encouraged her to add the tooth fairy into her picture.
Once she had finished, I gave her black food colouring to paint over her picture. It was instantly transformed to the middle of the night and she absolutely squealed at how cool it looked :)




How cute is the tooth fairy :)

She loved the effect so much she went on to create some more pictures, then paint over them too. Bright pastels give an almost neon look to her pictures, and creates a totally new look to a picture :)

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I want to try this with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the day and night picture idea. We are going to have to do that.

    ReplyDelete